Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Disequilibria: All My Fears In One Short Book




I almost thought I'd never make it. Last week, being already a full month behind schedule, just as I thought I was done and ready to upload, the final kindle-formatting problems spread naked in front of me in all their glory, and I was honestly thinking that I just didn't have the required skills. Thankfully, we live in the age of Internet, where nearly every problem in the world has a solution, ready for you to read in some forum. GOD BLESS THE INTERNET.
In any case, FINALLY!!!!, my debut horror collection, Disequilibria (pictured above),  is on sale and I must say that I am very proud of it. Will it sell? Will people like it? Will J.C Paris ever mean anything to anyone? I honestly have no idea, but I will give it my best shot. At this stage I think a writer should just be happy that he or she has actually managed to create something for which he feels passionate about. And I do. In this book there are tales of horror and pain that always send a shiver running down my spine, and this is mainly because I love all the characters that are in it. Inside this book there are all the questions that I've ever posed to myself throughout my life:

  • Who am I really, and who determines my nature?
  • What would happen should I decide to thrash everything which is me and start anew, just to see who that other me is?
  • What would happen should I give up on happiness and start surrendering to pain?
  • What about God? Why does he allow evil? Why do I curse him and search for him in equal measure?
  • Should I believe in life anymore? Why do I sometimes feel that we do a disservice to every child we bring to this world? Is this life worth living anymore?
  • Family for me is everything; EVERYTHING! What would happen if I wake up one day and find them no more? What would happen if the idea of a family vanished in this world? 
  • How will the world react to these terrible recessions? Will people have enough time to live their lives or will they just continue to cement their status as Corporate Puppets? Will they be required by their companies to work ever more relentlessly, just for the sake of recuperating the economy? 
  • Will we ever come to an age where nothing's worth saving anymore?
So there you go. No I am not a sad bastard. These are just the things that scare the crap out of me; these are my monsters; my Vampires, Werewolves, Killer Clowns and Ghosts. So I invite you to join me in my quest to answer these questions. Let me assure you of one thing: the ride will be as intense and as bloody as every other monster-driven horror journey out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment